Key strategies of Samsung SDI.
- Vision andStrategy
- Reaching New Frontiers
- Eco-Value Creation
- Employees andCorporate Culture
- Creation ofCustomer Value
Samsung SDI focuses on minimizing its environmental impact and ensuring effective use of resources throughout all processes of its products and services. In 2013, it has executed the environmental management by establishing the group-unit management organization into the team and by intensifying it into the exclusive-charge executive system, and it also spearheads the effort to enhance energy efficiency and reduce GHG emissions, with its Low Carbon, Clean Energy Management.
Also, as the issue relative to use of the chemical materials is raised as the safety matter, it has developed and operated the chemical material management system (G-EHS).
- Establish environmentally-efficient manufacturing processes
- Consider the environment in the entire lifecycle of business segments
- Design eco-friendly products and services
- Contribute to society and the environment
- Maintain and improve an eco-friendly supply chain
- GHG Efficiency
- Up by1.35times
- Water Use Efficiency
- Up by2.58times
- Hazardous Chemical Use Efficiency
- Up by2.05times
- Waste Efficiency
- Up by2.66times
- Waste Recycling Rate
- Waste Landfill Rate
Performance of 2013 over 2005
Efficiency: Eco-efficiency calculated by 'Sales(KRW 100 million) divided by environmental load (environmental load unit)'
Waste Recycling rate: Calculated by including incineration that recovers heat from waste as a recycling method.